The members of the 16th Lok Sabha on Thursday met on Day 2 for the oath-taking ceremony. After Protem Speaker Kamal Nath addressed the House, he first invited Prime Minister Narendra Modi to take oath as a member of Lok Sabha.
Attired in spotless white, the Prime Minister was the first to take oath amid thumping of desks. He took oath in Hindi in the name of God and was followed by BJP veteran L K Advani.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Several Union ministers took oath in Hindi in the name of God, with Sushma Swaraj, Uma Bharti and Harsh Vardhan taking oath in Sanskrit.
Sonia Gandhi made the affirmation in Hindi and so did Minister Ram Vilas Paswan.
Several ministers preferred to take oath in their mother tongue, including D V Sadananda Gowda, Ananth Kumar and G M Siddheshwara, who took oath in Kannada. Sarbananda Sonowal took oath in Assamese and Jual Oram in Odia.
Senior members Arjun Charan Sethi (BJD), P A Sangma (NPP) and Biren Singh Engti (Cong), appointed on the Panel of
Chairpersons by the President to help the Protem Speaker in oath taking process, took oath after Prime Minister Modi, Advani and Gandhi.
Cold vibes between Sonia Gandhi and Maneka Gandhi were visible during the oath taking as both exchanged pleasantries rather reluctantly.
Protem Speaker Kamal Nath was the only member who had taken oath on Wednesday as the House was adjourned on the first day of the new Lok Sabha following death of Minister Gopinath Munde on June 3.
Before initiating oath taking process, Nath welcomed all members, especially those of newly-formed Telanga and residuary Andhra Pradesh.
After oath taking by members of the Council of Ministers and members from Andaman and Nicobar and Andhra Pradesh, the Protem Speaker called former Prime Minister H D Deve Gowda and two former Deputy Speakers Karia Munda and M Thambidurai to take oath.
The Prime Minister was present till the members of his Council of Ministers took oath.
(With PTI inputs)