Sixteen former ministers of the UPA government have been served eviction notices by the Ministry of Urban Development for unauthorised occupation of government bungalows for over a month. These former ministers owe a total damage charges of Rs 20,92,463 for one month of unauthorised stay till July 26, Urban Development Minister Venkaiah Naidu stated in a written reply to Lok Sabha Wednesday.
This list includes Kapil Sibal, Ajit Singh, Farooq Abdullah, Jaipal Reddy, Lalchand Kataria, Beni Prasad Verma, M M Pallam Raju, Girija Vyas, Krishna Tirath, S K Jena, Sachin Pilot, Jitendra Singh, Pradip Jain Aditya, Porika Balram Naik, Killi Kriparani and Manikrao Hodya Gavit. Meanwhile, Sibal vacated the Teen Murti Marg bungalow on Wednesday.
Officials said damage charges ranged from Rs 53,250 per month in the case of Type V accommodation of Kataria to Rs 2,43,678 for Type VIII accommodation of Reddy. “The eviction notices were issued last Friday and we are awaiting responses from the occupants,” a ministry official said.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
When contacted, Raju said he is in London and should be contacted in two to three days for comments. Verma said he had vacated the bungalow in May and has no idea about an eviction notice.
Reddy said, “I have vacated my official accomodation five days ago. I do not own a plot or flat in Delhi despite having been UD Minister. I have already shifted to Hyderabad.” Jena said this is normal procedure and he is in the process of handing over the bungalow to Central Public Works Department officials. “When I was allotted the government accommodation in 2009, the bungalow was handed over to me eight months later than the scheduled date. So many MPs stretch their stay citing health reasons. I will be paying charges for overstaying,” said Jena.
Naidu said another 21 former ministers are staying in General Pool Bungalows and have been given 15 days to move into their entitled accommodation, to be provided by respective House Committees. These former ministers, who are members of either Rajya Sabha or Lok Sabha, have been advised to obtain accommodation from their respective pools. They included A K Antony, Ghulam Nabi Azad, Mallikarjun Kharge, Veerappa Moily, Vyalar Ravi, Oscar Fernandes, Jairam Ramesh, Jyotiraditya Scindia, K V Thomas, K Rahman Khan, K H Muniyappa, Shashi Tharoor, K Chiranjivi, Mullappally Ramachandran, Rajiv Shukla, Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury, A H Khan Choudhury, Ninon Erring, E M Sudershan Nachiappan, K C Venugopal and J Seelam.
A total of 683 flats ranging from Type I to Type VII are under unauthorised occupation of former employees for a period ranging to 21 years. Damage charges that are due range from Rs 4,247 to Rs 60,04,164.