Around 150 school students were taken ill on Friday due to suspected food poisoning at the Banabishnupur High school under Soro police station about 40 km from here, the police said.
After unfurling of the Tricolour, the students were distributed with some sweets by the school authority. Soon after consuming the sweets, some students complained of nausea, the police said adding the parents of the sick students brought them to Soro hospital.
The Chief District Medical Officer of Balasore Dr Anup Ghose said, “150 students were treated because of some kind of food contamination and the situation is under control.”
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“Four students were refereed to Balasore district head hospital as their condition was serious and a medical team has been sent to the school,” he said.
A report from Keonjhar district said in a similar incident around 15 students were hospitalised after consuming sweets in their schools at Ata village under Bota gram panchayat, the police added.