Stating that militants attempt to enter into Jammu and Kashmir before the onset of winter, General Officer Commanding (GoC) of 16 Corps Lt Gen K H Singh on Saturday claimed there are “150 to 200 militants” staged in various camps on the other side of the border in a bid to infiltrate into this side.
“In South of Pir Panchal 150 to 200 militants are staged in militant camps (set to infiltrate to this side),” Lt Gen Singh told reporters.
He said, “This is the time… During July, August and September — before the onset of winter — the militants try to infiltrate into our territory.”
Lt Gen Singh was talking to reporters on the sidelines of an event to mark the 15th Anniversary of Vijay Diwas at Corps Headquarters, Nagrota on the city outskirts.
The Army commander maintained that the militants keep moving up and down at the launching pads and the Army is maintaining tight vigil along the Line of Control (LoC) to foil their bid.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
On the issue of recent attacks on troops along the LoC, he said, “In Akhnoor there were two incidents in last two months or so. They are carrying out such attacks and we are taking adequate action and many militants have been killed on the LoC.”
On a query regarding the involvement of Pakistani Army in these attacks, he said, “We cannot confirm or deny the involvement of the Pakistani Army, but we have a reason to believe that if they are serious, the Pakistani Army can also discourage them from coming across to our side.”