Stating that militants attempt to enter into Jammu and Kashmir before the onset of winter, General Officer Commanding (GoC) of 16 Corps Lt Gen K H Singh on Saturday claimed there are “150 to 200 militants” staged in various camps on the other side of the border in a bid to infiltrate into this side.
“In South of Pir Panchal 150 to 200 militants are staged in militant camps (set to infiltrate to this side),” Lt Gen Singh told reporters.
He said, “This is the time… During July, August and September — before the onset of winter — the militants try to infiltrate into our territory.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Lt Gen Singh was talking to reporters on the sidelines of an event to mark the 15th Anniversary of Vijay Diwas at Corps Headquarters, Nagrota on the city outskirts.
The Army commander maintained that the militants keep moving up and down at the launching pads and the Army is maintaining tight vigil along the Line of Control (LoC) to foil their bid.
On the issue of recent attacks on troops along the LoC, he said, “In Akhnoor there were two incidents in last two months or so. They are carrying out such attacks and we are taking adequate action and many militants have been killed on the LoC.”
On a query regarding the involvement of Pakistani Army in these attacks, he said, “We cannot confirm or deny the involvement of the Pakistani Army, but we have a reason to believe that if they are serious, the Pakistani Army can also discourage them from coming across to our side.”