A 14-year-old girl who was allegedly gangraped by two youth earlier this month in the neighbouring Raigad district, was also molested by a local NCP leader on the very same day of the incident, police said.
The minor, who was gangraped on July 6 by two men who were arrested the next day, during further investigations told police that on the very same day of the incident after she was raped by youths, a local NCP leader had also allegedly molested her.
“The youths dropped her at the highway near Nagothane village. On seeing her stranded, NCP Nagothane city unit chief Santosh Mandavkar offered her a lift and said he will drop her home in suburban Borivali. But, instead took her to a garage on the highway and allegedly molested her in a car,” DSP, Roha, Amol Zende said.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
A case has been registered against Mandavkar on Friday under IPC sections under 354 (A)(B) (sexual harassment), section 506 (criminal intimidation) and other relevant sections of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012, he said.
Mandavkar is at large and police has launched a manhunt to nab him, he added.