Bihar government, on Tuesday, said that the services of 1137 fixed pay teachers in schools have been terminated as they had acquired the job on the basis of fake and invalid documents and initiated action against those responsible for their appointment.
This was told by state Education Minister Brishen Patel in Legislative Assembly in reply to a starred question of BJP’s Vikram Kuer. The government under Nitish Kumar had recruited nearly 2.25 lakh fixed pay teachers in schools from 2006 to 2011 to fill in the vacancies of the teachers.
Patel said that the state government has initiated action against 147 mukhiyas (village headman) and 27 Panchayat sevaks in connection with such recruitments of ineligible persons as teachers.
A total of 35 FIRs have been lodged in different parts of the state in this connection, the minister said. The fixed pay teachers are recruited by panchayats. The recruitments were made to fill the vacancies of teachers in schools and also provide jobs to youths as there was no recruitment for over a decade before 2005 (when Nitish Kumar had assumed power in the state for the first time).
The state government had recently increased their honorarium by Rs 3000 and the education minister has favoured raising it further in view of price rise.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest