Eleven helicopters have been deployed by the government in Naxal-hit states to support the security forces tackling the extremists, Lok Sabha was informed on Tuesday.
Minister of State for Home RPN Singh said the choppers, belonging to Indian Air Force and the Border Security Force, are available for use as per operational requirement in all Left Wing Extremism affected states.
“In addition, the LWE affected states have been permitted to hire helicopter under the Security Related Expenditure (SRE) scheme on need basis,” he said in a written reply.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Under the SRE scheme, the Central government provides assistance to the 9 LWE affected states for security related expenditure. Under it, the expenditure is first incurred by the state government and thereafter reimbursed by the Central government after conducting audit in the respective states.
A total of Rs 188.58 crore has been allocated to the nine states under the SRE in 2013-14, Rs 180.66 crore in 2012-13, Rs 187.48 crore in 2011-12 and Rs 299.06 crore in 2010-11.