Eleven helicopters have been deployed by the government in Naxal-hit states to support the security forces tackling the extremists, Lok Sabha was informed on Tuesday.
Minister of State for Home RPN Singh said the choppers, belonging to Indian Air Force and the Border Security Force, are available for use as per operational requirement in all Left Wing Extremism affected states.
“In addition, the LWE affected states have been permitted to hire helicopter under the Security Related Expenditure (SRE) scheme on need basis,” he said in a written reply.
Under the SRE scheme, the Central government provides assistance to the 9 LWE affected states for security related expenditure. Under it, the expenditure is first incurred by the state government and thereafter reimbursed by the Central government after conducting audit in the respective states.
A total of Rs 188.58 crore has been allocated to the nine states under the SRE in 2013-14, Rs 180.66 crore in 2012-13, Rs 187.48 crore in 2011-12 and Rs 299.06 crore in 2010-11.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest