At least 11 construction workers were on Sunday killed after a newly built compound wall adjacent to their huts collapsed near Uttarapalayam in Tiruvallur district in Tamnil Nadu.
A 19-year-old youth Nagaraj was rescued from debris, police said.
All the labourers, said to be from Andhra Pradesh, were working in a private godown. Five fire tenders were pressed into service for rescue work.
The incident occurred after heavy rains lashed the area last night, police said.
Tiruvallur District Collector K Veera Raghava Rao visited the accident spot and said those responsible for the incident would be punished.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“A total of 11 people died on the spot, including four women and a child. Rescue operations are going on,” Rao told reporters.
Tamil Nadu witnessed a major tragedy when an 11-storey under construction building collapsed at Porur on June 28 in which 61 persons were killed.