Ten pilgrims, including four women were run over by a bus that was hit by a truck, under Muffasil police station of Aurangabad on the intervening night of Monday and Tuesday.
Police said the incident took place at around 2.15 am when 32 pilgrims returning to Rohtas from Deogarh after offering prayers to Lord Shiva during the holy month of ‘Saawan’. “The passengers had taken a break after getting down from the bus and were sleeping at the road side in front of their parked bus. A container truck hit the bus with force from behind and they were trapped in wheels of the bus,” police said.
Sadar Hospital Auarangabad confirmed 12 deaths. Fifteen others were injured in the accident.
All passengers belonging to Rohtas had gone to Deoghar by bus two days ago and were returning. The police said the container truck driver probably did not anticipate the bus parked by the side of the national highway. Aurangabad DM N C Jha said the state government had announced Rs 2.5 lakh compensation to the next of kin of each victim and Rs 50000 each to the injured.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More