Ten CPI(ML) supporters were killed and eight others injured by unidentified persons in Assam’s Sonitpur district on Wednesday.
The unidentified persons from Arunachal Pradesh attacked the CPI(ML) men at Chauldhua under Borgang police station on the inter-state border, about 135 km from here, leaving ten dead and eight injured, Deputy Commissioner Lalit Gogoi said.
CPI(ML) state General Secretary Bibek Das told over phone that a party team was at the border for the last two months to prevent encroachment by people from Arunachal Pradesh.
Chaualdhua is about four km from the Thandapani forest camp where a forest department man was injured in an attack by unidentified persons on January nine following which the Sonitpur administration established a BSF camp.
Das said the bodies of those killed were lying on the spot and yet to be recovered because of insufficient number of security personnel and an unmotorable road.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More