Ten CPI(ML) supporters were killed and eight others injured by unidentified persons in Assam’s Sonitpur district on Wednesday.
The unidentified persons from Arunachal Pradesh attacked the CPI(ML) men at Chauldhua under Borgang police station on the inter-state border, about 135 km from here, leaving ten dead and eight injured, Deputy Commissioner Lalit Gogoi said.
CPI(ML) state General Secretary Bibek Das told over phone that a party team was at the border for the last two months to prevent encroachment by people from Arunachal Pradesh.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
Chaualdhua is about four km from the Thandapani forest camp where a forest department man was injured in an attack by unidentified persons on January nine following which the Sonitpur administration established a BSF camp.
Das said the bodies of those killed were lying on the spot and yet to be recovered because of insufficient number of security personnel and an unmotorable road.