Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday took a dig at BJP over naming Narendra Modi as Prime Ministerial candidate saying the party was on a path of destruction and claimed JD(U)’s decision of severing ties with it three months back has been vindicated.
“Vinash Kale vipreet buddhi (taking wrong decisions when on path of destruction),” Kumar told reporters here. Kumar,who was instrumental in his party breaking up with BJP over the issue of Modi’s elevation after staying in NDA for 17 years,said the saffron party was working against opposition unity.
The country would never accept a “divisive” element,the senior JD(U) leader said. “This was the right time to unite opposition parties against the UPA government on the issue like price rise and corruption… but BJP is working on some other agenda,” he said emerging from a function “Sawasthya Samagam Bihar Ka Udghatan” at Ravindra Bhawan here.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Instead of adding new partners in the NDA,it lost a trusted friend like JD(U),Kumar added. JD(U) broke up from BJP on June 16 this year. Without naming veteran BJP leader L K Advani,who has been cornered within the party to elevate Narendra Modi as PM nominee,Kumar said “there is no respect for elders in BJP.” On jubilation in BJP,the Bihar CM,whose aversion for Modi is no secret,said “they are going ecstatic within their own house (BJP) but there is no similar jubilation among common people.” The BJP is trying to create an environment in favour of their leader but they would never succeed,he said.