Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday took a dig at BJP over naming Narendra Modi as Prime Ministerial candidate saying the party was on a path of destruction and claimed JD(U)’s decision of severing ties with it three months back has been vindicated.
“Vinash Kale vipreet buddhi (taking wrong decisions when on path of destruction),” Kumar told reporters here. Kumar,who was instrumental in his party breaking up with BJP over the issue of Modi’s elevation after staying in NDA for 17 years,said the saffron party was working against opposition unity.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
The country would never accept a “divisive” element,the senior JD(U) leader said. “This was the right time to unite opposition parties against the UPA government on the issue like price rise and corruption… but BJP is working on some other agenda,” he said emerging from a function “Sawasthya Samagam Bihar Ka Udghatan” at Ravindra Bhawan here.
Instead of adding new partners in the NDA,it lost a trusted friend like JD(U),Kumar added. JD(U) broke up from BJP on June 16 this year. Without naming veteran BJP leader L K Advani,who has been cornered within the party to elevate Narendra Modi as PM nominee,Kumar said “there is no respect for elders in BJP.” On jubilation in BJP,the Bihar CM,whose aversion for Modi is no secret,said “they are going ecstatic within their own house (BJP) but there is no similar jubilation among common people.” The BJP is trying to create an environment in favour of their leader but they would never succeed,he said.