Jat organisations have called for a massive agitation in various parts of the country from October if the Union government fails to grant them reservation in government jobs and educational institutions.
The decision was taken at a meeting today in Mayyar village of Hisar district in Haryana. The gathering marked the fourth death anniversary of Sunil Sheoran,a Hisar resident who was killed in a clash between Jats and Haryana Police in 2009.
Yashpal Malik,president of Akhil Bhartiya Jat Aarakshan Sangharsh Samiti (ABJASS),told The Indian Express,We held a meeting in Mayyar which was attended by representatives of various Jat organisations and khaps of Haryana. We passed a resolution on six points and if the Union government and state governments fail to accept our demands,we shall ensure the Congress partys defeat in the forthcoming elections.
The meeting decided on the following:
*The Jats want the Union government to grant them reservation before the model code of conduct is imposed in poll-bound states including Delhi,Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan.
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
*The community will hold rallies from October in various states including Haryana,Delhi,Uttar Pradesh,Rajasthan,Uttarakhand,Madhya Pradesh.
*If the Haryana government is serious about granting 10 per cent reservation to Jats,it should do so on the pattern of the Tamil Nadu government.
*The cases registered against Jats who participated in previous agitations should immediately be withdrawn and stadiums should be named after those who sacrificed their lives in those agitations
*If the state police try to use force,the Jats will be ready to sacrifice more lives and intensify their agitation against the Union government.
Sarvkhap Jat leader Nafe Singh,who spearheaded a Jat reservation campaign at Jantar Mantar in Delhi today,said,Despite our repeated reminders,the Delhi government refused to pay any attention to our demands. We have decided to seal the Delhi border from tonight. If the government continues with this attitude,we shall be left with no option but to show them our unity and block all the rail and road entries to the national capital.