Jat organisations have called for a massive agitation in various parts of the country from October if the Union government fails to grant them reservation in government jobs and educational institutions.
The decision was taken at a meeting today in Mayyar village of Hisar district in Haryana. The gathering marked the fourth death anniversary of Sunil Sheoran,a Hisar resident who was killed in a clash between Jats and Haryana Police in 2009.
Yashpal Malik,president of Akhil Bhartiya Jat Aarakshan Sangharsh Samiti (ABJASS),told The Indian Express,We held a meeting in Mayyar which was attended by representatives of various Jat organisations and khaps of Haryana. We passed a resolution on six points and if the Union government and state governments fail to accept our demands,we shall ensure the Congress partys defeat in the forthcoming elections.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The meeting decided on the following:
*The Jats want the Union government to grant them reservation before the model code of conduct is imposed in poll-bound states including Delhi,Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan.
*The community will hold rallies from October in various states including Haryana,Delhi,Uttar Pradesh,Rajasthan,Uttarakhand,Madhya Pradesh.
*If the Haryana government is serious about granting 10 per cent reservation to Jats,it should do so on the pattern of the Tamil Nadu government.
*The cases registered against Jats who participated in previous agitations should immediately be withdrawn and stadiums should be named after those who sacrificed their lives in those agitations
*If the state police try to use force,the Jats will be ready to sacrifice more lives and intensify their agitation against the Union government.
Sarvkhap Jat leader Nafe Singh,who spearheaded a Jat reservation campaign at Jantar Mantar in Delhi today,said,Despite our repeated reminders,the Delhi government refused to pay any attention to our demands. We have decided to seal the Delhi border from tonight. If the government continues with this attitude,we shall be left with no option but to show them our unity and block all the rail and road entries to the national capital.