Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will launch the much-awaited Gandhi heritage web portal at a function in New Delhi on September 2. The portal which will house the “intellectual heritage of Mohandas K Gandhi” has been developed at Sabarmati Gandhi Ashram where its office is also located.
The Union Culture Ministry had sanctioned Rs 8 crore as a corpus fund to the Sabarmati Ashram Preservation and Memorial Trust (SAPMT),Ahmedabad,to create the portal while the trust would earn about Rs 75 lakh as annual interest to run and maintain the portal.
Tridip Suhrud,a noted Gandhian scholar,is the Editor-in-Chief of the portal and overall director of SAPMT. According to Kartikeya Sarabhai,one of the trustees,the Prime Minister will be launching the portal at a function in New Delhi where a small film about the portal will also be presented.
The portal will be hosting “intellectual” Gandhian heritage in six clusters,including the Collected Works of Mahatma Gandhi (CWMG),Gandhiana (Gandhi’s original writings),writings of Gandhi’s close associates,autobiographies of Indian leaders during Gandhi’s time where Gandhi was mentioned and first and second generation biographies of the leader.
The formation of portal is a part of recommendations of the Gandhi Heritage Committee headed by Gandhi’s grandson,Gopal Krishna Gandhi. Eventually, there were some modifications in the original recommendations to make the portal as open-source archive.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
SAMPT has hired around 50 persons to run the portal which is said to be the biggest forum with regard to information on Gandhi. The officials also claim that “it will be the most authentic source of information.”