More than a year after DNA test report established N D Tiwari as the biological father of a youth,the senior Congress leader on Wednesday denied having “any kind of relations with the youth’s mother” and said the paternity suit is a “political conspiracy” by his opponents.
Filing his evidence by way of affidavit before the court-appointed Local Commissioner,Tiwari said “I was not having any kind of relations with the defendant 2(Ujjwala Sharma) especially physical,emotional or even sexual.”
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
“It appears the entire suit has been brought up out of the deep-rooted conspiracy hatched by my political opponents so as to settle political scores.”
On a law suit filed in 2008 by Rohit Shekhar,32,claiming Tiwari as his biological father,the high court had directed the former Andhra Pradesh Governor to give blood sample for DNA test.
Tiwari had given blood sample for DNA test on May 29,2012 at his residence in Dehradun following the apex court’s order in the case,after repeatedly contesting against undergoing the test on various grounds.
In his affidavit,88-year-old leader Tiwari said “the plaintiff (Rohit) is not my natural son out of any physical,emotional or sexual relations with his mother as I was having
no relations of whatsoever nature at any point of time with her…”
Tiwari rejected the DNA test report against him saying “mere placing on record the certified copy of the DNA test report is not enough. Even the test was not conducted
according to requisite requirements of conducting the same. I,therefore,deny the same.”
Claiming that he was leading a blissful life with his legally married wife,Tiwari alleged it is a concoction by Rohit’s mother.
“…..We,being a childless couple,were fond of children and kept inviting a lot of children to our home and spent happy moments with them,” he said adding “the DNA report is just based on a chance….The DNA report is not proved by Rohit or his mother according to law.
Dismissing the photographs produced by Ujjwala Sharma,Tiwari said “….no photograph established even close relation of mine with defendant 2(Sharma).”
Tiwari contended the suit was to tarnish his image and the allegations are “absolutely obnoxious” and sought the paternity suit to be dismissed by the high court.
On September 18,the high court rejected Tiwari’s plea to hold his cross-examination at a place other than the court complex while giving a last opportunity to him to file his affidavit in evidence before the Local Commissioner.
Retired Additional District Judge S M Chopra was appointed by the court S M Chopra for recording of evidence in the paternity suit.
The court had also asked him to appear before the Local Commissioner on October 8 for cross examination.
On August 21,Chopra had concluded the recording of evidence after Tiwari had failed to file his affidavit in evidence.
Tiwari had neither filed his evidence nor appeared for the cross-examination in the case.
The leader has so far refused to settle the lawsuit out of court through mediation saying there was a possibility that even the medical evidence was not hundred per cent accurate.
The high court had on July 27 last year read out the DNA report in the case as per which Tiwari was shown as Shekhar’s biological father.