The state government on Monday ordered a probe into active use of Facebook accounts and cyber life of members of a supari gang who have been in judicial custody for last 17 months on charges of murdering a CPI (M) rebel leader. The seven-member gang was among the CPI (M) leaders who have been facing trial in the murder of Marxist rebel T P Chandrasekharan in May last year.
The alleged accused in the murder case are now lodged in Kozhikode district jail. Two months back,a kingpin of the gold smuggling gang from Dubai,named Fayas,had visited the accused in jail in the attire of an Arab national. The state intelligence had earlier reported about the alleged accused using phones at the jail.
The gang was found frequently updating their photos about life in jail and liking the CPI (M) events,including last weeks party plenum. They had posted photos in flamboyant styles. One of the accused Annan Sijith had posted a comment 15 hours back,saying dont play with the CPI (M). (It may be recalled that a BJP worker was murdered in Kannur on Sunday). The pictures also showed the gang members using costly smart phones in jail.
The security lapses at the jail and the freedom enjoyed by the pro-CPI (M) gang have evoked widespread protest from Congress leaders. Congress MP from Kannur K Sudhakaran said the incident exposed the failure of the Home Department. Sudhakaran has been running a battle with his party colleague and home minister Thiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan over the governments police policy. Radhakrishnan should answer for this blatant violation of prison rules. It is shocking that the CPI (M) goons have such a freedom to violet prisons rules when Congress is in power, said Sudhakaran.
Home Minister Radhakrishnan said he would visit the jail on Tuesday. A high-level committee,comprising the Prisons DGP,the DGP (law and order) and the Home Secretary would probe into the issue.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More