Former Haryana Minister Gopal Kanda on Friday surrendered before a Delhi court upon expiry of his month-long interim bail in the Geetika Sharma suicide case.
He was taken into custody after being denied further relief.
The sitting MLA from Sirsa in Haryana,Kanda surrendered before Additional Sessions Judge MC Gupta,who rejected his plea for extension of interim bail,which expired on Friday. He is facing charges of having abetted the suicide by the former airhostess.
The court will now hear Kanda’s plea for a regular bail on October 10.
Kanda was granted interim bail on September 5,after nearly 13 months in custody,to attend the Haryana Assembly session on condition that he would show his attendance in the House.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The court had directed that he surrender before it on October 4.
Kanda had sought extension of bail citing various obligations which he had to attend to in his constituency.
Kanda’s co-accused and employee,Aruna Chadha,is out on interim bail till November 15 to attend religious and family events.
Chadha was arrested on August 8 last year while Kanda had surrendered before police 10 days later on August 18. The trial in the case began this year on May 27.
Chadha and Kanda are accused of abetting the suicide of 23-year-old former airhostess Sharma who was employed in Kanda’s MDLR airlines.
They have also been charged with forgery for cheating and harming the reputation of the victim and under the Information Technology Act for sending fake e-mails to her.
The former airhostess was found dead on August 5,2012,at her Ashok Vihar residence in north west Delhi. In her suicide note,she had said she was ending her life due to “harassment” by Kanda and Chadha.
Police had in its charge sheet said Kanda was obsessed with the victim and was putting pressure on her to come back to his company.