White bed sheets and pillow covers in trains are set to become a thing of the past as Railways is introducing multi-colour bedrolls designed by NIFT. Besides bedrolls, curtains of AC coaches are also being redesigned.
“It has been decided that the interiors of the coaches are changed including replacing the white colour bedrolls with multi-coloured ones. The newly-designed bedrolls will be introduced in one of the Rajdhani trains shortly,” said a senior Railway Ministry official.
The bedroll consists of two bed sheets, one pillow, a blanket and a hand towel. According to the new plan, barring hand towel, everything will be coloured. “NIFT was given the responsibility to design new coloured patterns for train travellers and it has sent an array of designs out of which we have selected two type of colours,” the official said.
Besides bedrolls, the colour of curtains will be also matching with the colour of bedsheets. The official said there will be new multi-coloured blankets now instead of regular blankets supplied in AC coaches. Railways provides about 3 lakh bedrolls daily for AC travellers.
The supply of multi-coloured bedrolls will cost Railways about 30 per cent more than what it spends now. It is a common complaint that the set of linen supplied to passengers are unhygienic, dirty and smelly.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Addressing the issue, Railways has undertaken steps to set up a state-of-the-art mechanised laundry at many stations. Continuing with new steps, Railways is also redesigning the seating arrangements in trains to improve the aesthetic look of the coach.