Amid a bitter power tussle, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday took a dig at uncle and state party president Shivpal Yadav and said the sword that has been gifted to him shall definitely be used.
“Aapne mujhe talwar bhent ki hai, aur talwar doge toh chalayenge hi (You have given me the sword, obviously we would use it),” Akhilesh said.
This came after Shivpal’s veiled attack on nephew Akhilesh.
He said, “Ask for blood, I shall give blood. Don’t make me chief minister, insult me if you will, I know I have done good work.”
Asserting that the upcoming Uttar Pradesh elections would decide the political future of the country, Akhilesh said they would not let the Bharatiya Janata Party’s (BJP) divisive agenda come to fruition.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“I assure you that we will come back to power and not let communal forces succeed,” Akhilesh said.
Akhilesh said that the development done by Uttar Pradesh under the Samajwadi Party government has set precedent to other states.
“In last few years, the Uttar Pradesh Government has set an example for rest of the states, be it in construction of roads or anything else,” he said.
Acknowledging the efforts of party supremo Mulayam Yadav’s contribution in building the party from its scratch, Akhilesh said, “Netaji has struggle a lot to build the party from its conception, I thank him for his sacrifice and hard work.”
“We have come a long way, now we have to take the Samajwadi Party to next level. And in order to do that we have to do this together,” he added.
The Samajwadi Party has been in middle of internal family feud with Akhilesh and his uncle Shivpal at loggerheads, vying for the chief ministerial post.