Defence expert Lieutenant General (Retd.) Raj Kadyan on Sunday said Pakistan despite all efforts made by Prime Minister Narendra Modi for betterment of ties did not reciprocate, adding the inaction against terrorists is a testament to this fact.
Lieutenant General (Retd.) Kadyan did not appear to be in tune with Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif’s Advisor on Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz’s assertion that there is no chance of breakthrough in the ties between New Delhi and Islamabad under Prime Minister Modi.
“I think that’s an opinion of Sartaz Aziz, I do not know how many in this world share this opinion. If we talk about developments the very first day when Prime Minister Narendra Modi assumed his office he called Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif then he went out of the way to attend Sharif’s granddaughter’s family function in Lahore after which within a week you launch an attack on Pathankot airbase,” Lieutenant General (Retd.) Kadyan told ANI.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
“Pakistan has not even taken action against terrorist which have committed heinous crimes. Aziz’s comments don’t fit in the facts. Modi tried his best sincerely to improve relation with Pakistan. You cannot clap with one hand Pakistan did not cooperate,” he added.
Accusing India of adopting a “hegemonistic attitude”, Aziz has said that there can be no expectations of any breakthrough in ties with India during Prime Minister Modi’s tenure.
“There is no hope for a breakthrough in relations with India under its current Prime Minister Narendra Modi,” Associated Press of Pakistan (APP) quoted Aziz as saying in a TV interview.