Nishant Gaikwad, 35, Deputy divisional head, Colaba, Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS)
1. How long have you been with the MNS and what drew you to the party?
I have been with the MNS since its inception in 2006. I was in Class 10 in 1997 when I first heard a speech of Raj Thackeray saheb, and have been working for him since then. I officially joined the party in 2006 due to the charismatic leadership of Raj saheb. I was subsequently made the ward president, the youngest in the state.
2. Should the MNS get involved in films?
Why not? The father of the Indian film industry was Dadasaheb Phalke, a Marathi manoos. So all Marathi people struggling in the film industry should be provided jobs. Our fight is for that. If outsiders are given the jobs, what will
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Marathi people in the industry do? In case of Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, we were against actor Fawad Khan and not the movie. So, we will continue to raise our voice on these issues.
A patriotic man loves his country and does things for it.
3. What kind of movies do you and your family watch?
I watch all movies, including Marathi, Hindi and English. Two days ago, I watched Shamitabh. It’s a fantastic movie. Before that, I watched Sultan.
4. Will you watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil?
Yes, I will watch the movie. After meeting Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis, Raj saheb said the film producers will contribute Rs 5 crore to the Army Welfare Fund. So, it will also be my contribution, even if it is just Rs 50.
5. What other MNS agitations have you been a part of?
I have participated in almost all agitations since the party’s inception. Some of the major ones include the protest concerning Marathi signboards in 2008 and a protest against inflation last year. I was also part of the protest against actress Jaya Bachchan, who had used bad words against Raj saheb.