Yavatmal Public School has been mired in controversy since 2001, when it came up on about 1,000 sqm land that was allegedly public utility land belonging to a housing society on the city’s outskirts. The Dardas built the sprawling school building and allegedly spent over
Rs 34 lakh from Vijay Darda’s MP funds on it. It was regularised in 2009 during the term of Chief Minister Ashok Chavan.
- Yavatmal school ‘molestation’: Darda relative arrested, booked under POCSO
- Maharashtra: Amid protests, Yavatmal school principal arrested under POCSO Act
- HC raps Ashok Chavan, Dardas for misuse of office
- The Barons of Nagpur
- 'Will consider action against Rajendra Darda after CBI probe'
- FIR against Ashok Chavan,Maha min,14 others in land scam
Activist Digambar Pachgade moved a petition in 2011 alleging illegal usurpation of land by the Darda education society and misuse of MP funds. In June 2015, an HC bench passed severe strictures against Chavan and Dardas. An inquiry by a senior police official was ordered. It found that the construction of the school was illegal. The report was submitted to the HC in April this year and subsequently the CJM’s court in Yavatmal. ENS