A man, belonging to a party allied to ruling BJP, was on Wednesday detained after he allegedly tried to blacken the photographs of NCP leaders Sharad Pawar and Ajit Pawar displayed at Baramati Hostel.
Police officials said the man belongs to Rashtriya Samaj Paksh (RSP), led by Mahadev Jankar, a Minister in the BJP-led Government in Maharashtra.
The 26-year-old was part of a four-member group which allegedly tried to blacken the photos using ink at the hostel in Gokhale Nagar. However, their move was thwarted by security guards who caught one of them and handed him over to police, they said.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
After the incident, workers from both parties clashed in front of the police chowky where the man was brought.
Last evening, NCP workers had allegedly ransacked the office of RSP on Sinhgad Road here after its chief Jankar made some “objectionable” remarks against the Pawars during a rally at the foothills of Bhagwangad shrine in Ahmednagar district.
Maharashtra Minister and BJP leader Pankaja Munde was the main speaker at the rally held yesterday.
“There were four youths who tried to blacken the photographs of the Pawars displayed at the hostel. The security guards caught hold of one of them while the three others fled. They handed him over to us,” said a police official from Chatushringi Police Station.
He said they were scanning CCTV footage of the hostel to gather more details.
Meanwhile, NCP workers staged a protest in adjoining Satara district condemning Jankar’s remarks.’