Independent MLA from Ludhiana Simarjit Singh Bains and member of cricketer-turned-politician Navjot Singh Sidhu’s Awaaz-e-Punjab on Friday said they had decided not to allow a “carbon copy of Badal to rule Punjab” and decide their course of action only to ensure this. After a marathon meeting at Sidhu’s residence in Delhi on from Friday, Bains told The Indian Express that they would make things clear within a few days.
He said, “Asin eh kadi allow nahi kar sakde ke ikk Badal jaave te carbon copy aa jaave (we cannot allow that a Badal goes and his carbon copy holds the rein).” The Awaaz-e-Punjab had been alleging a “nexus” between Punjab Congress chief Amarinder Singh and Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal. Also, the front had given a statement that they would go with the Congress minus Amarinder. Later they said they could soften their stand towards Amarinder.
AAP leader and chairman of Punjab Dialogue Kanwar Sandhu on Friday added to the confusion by saying he was in touch with Pargat Singh and Sidhu till a week ago. “I met them. If somebody from AAP leadership in Delhi is in touch with them then I cannot say anything,” he said.
On the other hand, Amarinder and general secretary Punjab in-charge Asha Kumari met Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi in Delhi on Friday. Amarinder, after the meet, told media that he was never opposed to Sidhu joining the party unconditionally. Kumari told The Indian Express that Sidhu was not discussed in the meeting, “We are not in talks with him. He has not met Rahul Gandhi. I say this again that we welcome them to Congress but unconditionally.”
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review