A 55-year-old woman was run over by a private bus following which irate locals set the vehicle afire and blocked National Highway 2 at Goverdhan crossing in Mathura, police said. Two policemen were injured in the brick-batting by the mob.
The incident took place this evening when a ‘Daggemaar’ bus ran over Bhagvan Devi, who died on the spot, following which a mob set the vehicle on fire, brick-batted and blocked the highway, they said. The locals alleged that these buses run illegally in the area.
Initially the mob chased away the police personnel who reached the spot to remove the blocked, police said. The situation was brought under control after Superintendent of Police (city) Alok Priyadarshi, SP rural Arun Kumar Singh, City Magistrate Ram Araj Yadav reached the spot with heavy police force and PAC, they said.
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
Police resorted to lathi charge to disperse the mob. “Situation has been brought under control and road blockade has been cleared, the protesters dispersed after the police and PAC used mild force,” ASP Kunvar Anupam Singh said.
“The people involved in the arson, brick bating and the blockade are being identified and case will be registered against hundreds of the accused,” he said. It is the second fatal accident by ‘Daggemaar bus’ within 17 hours as four pilgrims were killed when the SUV they were travelling in was hit head on by a speeding mini bus.