A 30-year-old joint magistrate allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself in her house in Kanpur with police questioning her husband and family members as some injury marks were found on her body. Pratibha Gautam, who was posted in Kanpur (Rural), was found hanging in her house at Circuit House colony in Kanpur when her husband, who is an advocate in Delhi, came home in the morning, City SP Somen Verma said.
The husband told police that Pratibha returned from Delhi on Saturday, but when she did not attend his phone calls, he came early this morning to check on her. On reaching Kanpur, he found her body hanging from the ceiling fan and informed police. Some injury marks were found on her hands, police said.
“Police are questioning Pratibha’s husband and family members and the cause of her death will be clear only after the postmortem report,” Verma said. Police said that according to neighbours Pratibha and her husband would often quarrel.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai