Stressing on inclusive growth, newly-appointed Rural Development Minister Narendra Tomar on July 6 said the overall development of the country depends on progress of its rural areas.
“I will take all steps to give concrete shape to the Prime Minister’s dream of inclusive development. The overall growth of the country depends on development of villages, and that this ministry has been working (on) for more than last two years and will continue to do so,” he said.
Replying to a question that he had been assigned a high profile ministry, Tomar said whatever role the party would assign to him, he will try to do justice to it as a simple party worker.
- Villages poisoned by venom of casteism, says PM Modi
- Venom of casteism destroying villages, says Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- Huge unemployment due to lack of skill mission after Independence: Narendra Singh Tomar
- Government to focus on development, cleanliness in villages in 15-day campaign
- Delhi Confidential: Handover mix-up?
- Cabinet reshuffle: Ministers with additional charges may see their burden reduce
Besides Rural Development, he will also hold the charge of Panchayati Raj and Drinking Water and Sanitation. Earlier, Tomar was the Minister of Steel and Mines.
He also praised outgoing minister Birender Singh for expediting the implementation of MGNREGA and PMGSY.