A day after senior party leader Ramgopal Yadav suggested Akhilesh Yadav be made the chief ministerial candidate, Samajwadi Party state president on Sunday said he will himself propose Akhilesh’s name for the post of chief minister if the party is voted to power again. “Ramgopal is party’s national general secretary. He can write to party national president and give him advice. There is nothing wrong in it. I will myself propose name of Akhilesh as CM, if party is voted to power in 2017,” Shivpal told reporters here.
Ramgopal, in a letter to Mulayam, on Saturday said he would be held responsible if the party’s fortunes plunged in the forthcoming assembly elections.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“Akhilesh is undoubtedly the most popular leader of the state and under him Uttar Pradesh has seen unprecedented development works. If SP has to win the elections, Akhilesh must be made its CM face,” the letter said.
“You can take any decision, but if SP’s tally fell below 100, you alone would be held responsible. The same people who worship you for raising Samajwadi Party and would hold you responsible for its decline also.
“History is ruthless. It spares no one,” Ramgopal said in the letter while taking pot shots on his “advisors” stating that “they had no value in the eyes of people”.
Shivpal was here to attend a workers meet in which leaders of Quami Ekta Dal also addressed the gathering.
In his address Shivpal came down heavily on bureaucrats alleging that after taking all the facilities they also take
“commissions” for executing works.
“They (bureaucrats) use all their knowledge in sitting on files and delaying works,” he said.
Asking party workers to remain prepared for polls, Shivpal said that “a notification regarding elections could be issued any time (by Election Commission)”.