WiFi service will be rolled out at Puri railway station ahead of the annual Rath Jatra of Lord Jagannath Wednesday.
An official of the ECoR said, designed to offer users the best internet experience, RailWire WiFi will be available to any user who has a working mobile connection on a smartphone or a laptop device.
This is a part of East Coast Railway’s continuing endeavour to provide more and better comfort to passengers.
- Jayalalithaa’s death: Stalin seeks CBI probe
- Journalist KJ Singh was stabbed 15 times, police wait for CCTV footage
- Police question school staff after girl’s ‘letter to PM’ alleges exploitation
- Perarivalan parole extended by month because of father's illness
- Mulayam Singh Yadav may float new party
- Job creation, poll roadmap on table at BJP’s executive meet today
Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu had on April 17 made a public commitment regarding proposed commissioning of the services before the Rath Yatra.
“The same commitment has been met before the holy festival and East Coast Railway feels privileged to be playing a humble part in the service of pilgrims visiting Puri for the Rath Yatra,” an official statement said.