WiFi service will be rolled out at Puri railway station ahead of the annual Rath Jatra of Lord Jagannath Wednesday.
An official of the ECoR said, designed to offer users the best internet experience, RailWire WiFi will be available to any user who has a working mobile connection on a smartphone or a laptop device.
This is a part of East Coast Railway’s continuing endeavour to provide more and better comfort to passengers.
- What is Rashtra Raksha Mahayagya?
- Google Station free WiFi moves to smart cities, 150 hotspots to go live in Pune
- Odisha places Rs 6,500 crore proposal in rail budget
- Free wifi provided to 50 lakh people in 115 stations: Suresh Prabhu
- Bhubaneswar railway station gets Google free high-speed WiFi service
- Railway Budget 2016: Bio toilets, senior citizen and women quota – some key announcements by Prabhu
Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu had on April 17 made a public commitment regarding proposed commissioning of the services before the Rath Yatra.
“The same commitment has been met before the holy festival and East Coast Railway feels privileged to be playing a humble part in the service of pilgrims visiting Puri for the Rath Yatra,” an official statement said.