A 14-feet-long whale was found dead off the Guhaghar beach in Ratnagiri district in coastal Konkan region of Maharashtra, a senior official said Saturday.
“The whale was found dead yesterday morning. The forest officials along with district collectorate carried out the primary investigation to find out the cause of the death. The whale was buried on the beach by afternoon itself”, Ratnagiri District Collector Pradeep Prabhakar told PTI.
The villagers staying near the beach complained of foul odour and alerted police. Police and the local forest officials rushed to the spot and found the whale dead, Prabhakar added.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
“There was similar case in Jaigarh port a few days back. A whale had come ashore but with the help of locals and forest officials, we succeeded in sending it back into the deep sea,” he said.
According to the District Collector, the whale, found dead off Guhaghar beach, could have been disoriented and beached itself.