Bidhannagar Police on Tuesday arrested a 49-year-old man on charges of sexually assaulting a 41-year-old woman with false promise of marriage. The police identified the accused as Shankar Das of Maheshtalla in South-24 Parganas, and that a case had been registered against the accused in March.
Watch What Else is Making News
According to the complainant, the accused had used a fake name – Sandeep Roy – and posed as an associate professor of computer science at St Xavier’s college to start a relationship with her.
Das allegedly approached her after getting her particulars from a matrimonial website in 2012. Subsequently, they started dating each other, and he promised to marry her. They were in a relationship for about three years, sources said.
Later, the victim came to know that Das was already married, and had two children. She then tried to distance herself from him, and later lodged a complaint at Bidhannagar East police station. Police arrested him Wednesday under sections 376 (rape) and 417 (punishment for cheating) of the IPC.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More