The police on Sunday unearthed an illegal arms manufacturing factory located in house at Panchur Mollah Para village and arrested one person, in South 24-Parganas district of West Bengal. The house, owned by Samsher Ali, was rented six months ago by five unidentified persons from Bihar, who had made an advance payment of Rs 70,000, SP Sunil Chowdhury said.
The police arrested the house-owner but the tenants were absconding.
Watch What Else Is Making News
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Seven 7-mm pistols, 22 9-mm pistols, five lathe machines and plenty of revolver-making parts were seized from the house situated in the Rabindranagar police station area.
The house-owner is being questioned about the whereabouts of the tenants and the destinations where the arms were supplied, Chowdhury said.
With this, two arms-making factories have been sealed by the police in the area in addition to another in adjacent Baruipur in the South 24-Parganas district.