Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed US Congress on Wednesday. He spoke on issues ranging from climate change to terrorism, defence and security cooperation to trade and economic relationship. PM Modi was invited to Capitol Hill by House of Representatives Speaker Paul Ryan.
PM Modi, during his speech, praised US for being world’s oldest democracy and said “this temple of democracy has encouraged and empowered other democracies the world over.”
- Modi in Gujarat highlights: PM tears into Congress, says 'development' will defeat 'dynastic politics'
- Modi in Gujarat LIVE updates: Our academics shouldn't be exam driven, focus should be innovation, PM tells IIT-ians
- BJP national executive meeting: PM Narendra Modi reiterates fight against corruption
- Independence Day highlights: Kashmir issue can be resolved by embracing them, not by bullets, abuses, says PM Modi
- Modi's US Congress address a high point in Indo-US ties: Jay Panda
- Twitter reaction to PM Modi's address at Capitol Hill
He then went on and compared India, world’s largest democracy, with United States and said that founding fathers of both the counties stood for ‘equality for all’.
Watch the video here:
PM Modi was given standing ovation by the Congress after the end of his speech.