Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed US Congress on Wednesday. He spoke on issues ranging from climate change to terrorism, defence and security cooperation to trade and economic relationship. PM Modi was invited to Capitol Hill by House of Representatives Speaker Paul Ryan.
PM Modi, during his speech, praised US for being world’s oldest democracy and said “this temple of democracy has encouraged and empowered other democracies the world over.”
- Gujarat polls LIVE UPDATES: 60-70% of Modi's speeches are about himself, talk about Gujarat's future instead, Rahul Gandhi tells PM
- Ambedkar row: Mani Shankar Aiyar calls Modi 'neech aadmi’, PM terms it a 'Mughlai mindset'
- Gujarat elections highlights: Even Trump said he would develop US like Modi has done in India, says Yogi Adityanath
- PM Narendra Modi slams ‘Aurangzeb raaj’, says BJP would have thought 70 times
- Gujarat elections: PM Modi dubs Congress as anti-development, attacks party over GST
- Gujarat elections Highlights: Narendra Modi has sold Gujarat to industrialists, says Rahul Gandhi
He then went on and compared India, world’s largest democracy, with United States and said that founding fathers of both the counties stood for ‘equality for all’.
Watch the video here:
PM Modi was given standing ovation by the Congress after the end of his speech.