Prime Minister Narendra Modi tonight asked his Council of Ministers to make extra efforts for effective implementation of public welfare schemes at the ground level and work on new ideas in their ministries ahead of the budget. Addressing a meeting of the Council of Ministers, he also asked the ministers to review their budget expenditures and various programmes to ensure implementation of the party’s manifesto.
He said the government has successfully launched a host of schemes that were doing good to public and everyone has to move an “extra mile” to ensure their effective implementation.
Sources said in his brief address, Modi also asked all ministers to be cautious while handling government work and accord priority to the upcoming Parliament Session that starts from November 16.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Ananth Kumar informed the Council that the Winter Session of Parliament was starting from November 16 and would end on December 16 during which the government is likely to bring at least nine new bills, besides getting the crucial Goods and Services Tax Bill approved.
The meeting that was held at the Pravasi Bharatiya Kendra in Chanakyapuri lasted around four hours also saw detailed presentations on the functioning of “Swachh Bharat” and Skill Development gives by the respective secretaries and interventions by ministers Narendra Singh Tomar and Rajiv Pratap Rudy.
In the presentation made by the Cabinet Secretary on the achievements of the government in the past two months since the last such meeting, it was informed that government is proposing to merge the Plan and non-Plan expenditures and advancing the budget session to early February.