The process of voting for the Rajya Sabha seats from Haryana ended with all 90 MLAs having cast their vote. Objections have been raised by the BJP over the votes of Congress MLA Randeep Singh Surjewala and INLD candidate Hari Chand Midha.
Voting for the two seats started at 9 am. The BJP has sufficient votes to ensure victory of Union Minister Birender Singh. For the second seat there was a clash between INLD backed candidate RK Anand and BJP backed Subhash Chandra. With Congress announcing support for Anand, the going is tough for Chandra.
Haryana Finance Minister Capt Abhimanyu said that the BJP has raised objection to the votes of Randeep Surjewala and Hari Chand Midha.
Surjewala showed his ballot to CLP leader Kiran Choudhry, even though BK Hariprasad was the election agent, Midha was accompanied by another person. As per rules if an MLA needs a person to accompany for any reason, then a request has to be given three days in advance.
- ‘Rigging’ in Haryana Rajya Sabha poll: Hooda demands CBI investigation
- Rajya Sabha polls: Cong votes rejected as they used wrong pens, says INLD
- Haryana Rajya Sabha polls: Hooda ‘rebellion’ ensures defeat for Congress-backed lawyer RK Anand
- Haryana: 14 Cong votes invalid, Independent candidate Subhash Chandra clinches win
- Birender Singh, Subhas Chandra win Rajya Sabha seats from Haryana
- Rajya Sabha polls: Still in dilemma, Haryana Cong likely to take decision today
Choudhry meanwhile said that she did not see any vote. “I don’t know why BJP is complaining. They are not being able to digest their loss,” she said.
Leader of opposition in Vidhan Sabha and INLD leader Abhay Singh Chautala has alleged that the government tried to lure their MLAs to vote for Chandra. He said that the MLAs were told that they were assured of faster development in their areas. He said that all INLD MLAs were together. On the vote of SAD MLA, he said that he voted for the BJP backed candidate.
Congress President Ashok Tanwar said that voting for Anand was in favour of the Congress. This will prevent ensure the loss of BJP backed candidate. The counting with take place a 4 pm following which results will be declared.