In controversial remarks, Union Minister Ram Shankar Katheria on Saturday said at an event that ‘saffronisation’ in education will happen.
Katheria was heard saying that ‘bhagwakaran’ (saffronisation) or ‘sanghwad’ is good for the country and is bound to happen.
“We kept silent for such a long time and never accused anyone but today there is such a condition in this country. Today we need to create a curriculum which increases respect of our country in entire world,” he said during his speech.
- Katheria backtracks, says will accept saffron, green or red, whatever is good for nation
- Saffronisation of education will happen, if it helps nation, says HRD MoS Ram Shankar Katheria
- Saffronisation of education will take place, if good for country: Ramshankar Katheria
- Killers must disappear: Minister said, Rajnath Singh finds nothing wrong
- Ram Shankar Katheria claims he did not target any community
- BJP MP Babu Lal defends hate speech against Muslims at VHP meet
Whatever is good for the country will be done,whether it is ‘Bhagwaakaran’ or ‘Sanghwaad’:Union minister RS Katheriahttp://t.co/orrtCuPV1I
— ANI (@ANI_news) June 19, 2016
“If our kids don’t read about Maharana Pratap then who will they read about, Changez Khan?” Katheria added.
Katheria is a member of ruling BJP and represents Agra in Lok Sabha. He has a history of making such inflammatory remarks. In March this year he had called for a ‘show of strength’ against a particular community after alleged murder of VHP leader Arun Mahaur.