ALTHOUGH Punjab Congress chief Captain Amarinder Singh failed to keep his date with ex-servicemen in Ludhiana, they however extended support to him Saturday.
“We paid tributes to martyrs of all the districts and later started our meeting. Though, Captain Amarinder Singh was supposed to visit us, but due to his busy schedule he was unable to do so. The Punjab Pradesh Congress Committee president has assured that he will meet us soon. However, we have extended our support to Congress and our members who came today will be going in their respective cities and villages to woo more ex-servicemen to support the party,” said Major General(retd) SPS Grewal amid a huge gathering of Congress leaders and ex-servicemen.
The members also distributed leaflets stating that Captain Amarinder Singh assured to take up issue of removing anomalies of OROP to get toll tax waived off from all state and national toll tax barriers for ex-servicemen.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen