Seven persons were killed and 32 others injured in two separate road accidents in Uttarakhand, police said today. Three members of a marriage party were killed when their bus fell into a deep gorge in Basukedar area of Rudraparayag district late last night. Around 24 persons were also injured in the accident, Basukedar police station in-charge Manohar Kala said.
The injured were admitted to Rudraprayag district hospital, Agastyamuni Community Health Centre and Shrinagar base hospital.
The bus, carrying the marriage party, was on its way from Kyunja village to Dalsingi when it met with the accident, Kala, who supervised the rescue operation, said.
In another incident, four persons were killed and eight others injured when a van they were travelling in fell into a 150-metre deep gorge at Lalpul near Mohand yesterday, police said. The vehicle was on its way from Dehradun to Saharanpur in Uttar Pradesh, they said. The injured were admitted to a community health centre in Fatehpur.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016