Uttarakhand police on Tuesday detected a CCTV grab of a terror suspect here seen in the company of seven to eight others who could be his associates prompting authorities to sound an alert across the state.
The DGP office here said the CCTV grab has been released on WhatsApp with an appeal to people to help track down
the suspect seen with seven to eight persons standing close to him in the background who could be his associates.
- Oxford Street chaos due to 'altercation' between two men: Police
- Punjab: CM Amarinder Singh directs DGP to work out a scheme for rewarding cops
- Uttarakhand govt working towards boosting health, education infrastructure in hills
- Police identify shooter in Punjab RSS leaders’ killings
- Gauri Lankesh killers most likely stayed near her Bengaluru home, SIT silent on their links
- Mohali twin murders: To identify suspects, police scan 40-hour CCTV footage
An alert has been sounded in the state and a search launched to trace the suspect, a source at the DGP office said.
Coming close on the heels of the arrest of four terror suspects linked with ISIS from Roorkee in Haridwar district, the recovery of the CCTV grab assumes significance.
When contacted, Additional DGP Anil Raturi refused to comment on the CCTV grab for security reasons.