Uttarakhand police on Tuesday detected a CCTV grab of a terror suspect here seen in the company of seven to eight others who could be his associates prompting authorities to sound an alert across the state.
The DGP office here said the CCTV grab has been released on WhatsApp with an appeal to people to help track down
the suspect seen with seven to eight persons standing close to him in the background who could be his associates.
- Rajya Sabha nominations: BJP has new faces, inductees; Congress lists mostly new
- Bihar hit-and-run case: After SUV ran over nine kids, BJP leader Manoj Baitha got 24 stitches, fled
- No presence of Islamic State in Kashmir: MHA
- Thieves break into historic Saketri Shiv Mandir in Panchkula, steal jewellery worth Rs 30L
- Sangli custodial killing: DVR of CCTV system at police station stolen, say CID officials
- Malaysia arrests 20 on suspected terror links
An alert has been sounded in the state and a search launched to trace the suspect, a source at the DGP office said.
Coming close on the heels of the arrest of four terror suspects linked with ISIS from Roorkee in Haridwar district, the recovery of the CCTV grab assumes significance.
When contacted, Additional DGP Anil Raturi refused to comment on the CCTV grab for security reasons.