The Uttarakhand High Court on Tuesday ordered a complete ban on the sale of whitener in the state following the death of a teenager from sniffing an excess of it for a kick in the district. Taking suo motu cognisance of the death of the 14-year-old boy at Bhowali, about 10 km from Nainital, on Monday due to sniffing excess whitener for a kick, the single bench of Justice Rajeev Sharma directed the state government to put a complete ban on its sale.
Watch What Else is Making News
Besides, the high court also ordered that items such as Iodex and Feviquick should not be sold to children below 18 years of age in view of prevalent abuse of these among teenagers.
It must also be ensured that no minor gets entry into hookah clubs, Justice Sharma said.
Earlier this month, while rejecting the bail plea of an alleged drug peddler, Justice Sharma had directed the Principal Secretary of State to constitute a special task force to combat the nuisance of drug abuse.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016