In almost a repeat of what happened in Arunachal Pradesh a few months ago when the Nabam Tuki government was overthrown, nine Congress rebel MLAs Friday joined hands with the opposition BJP to stake claim to form the government in Uttarakhand.
While Chief Minister Harish Rawat maintained he had majority in the House, a three-member BJP delegation met Governor K K Paul late at night, seeking dismissal of the Rawat government.
Dissent against the leadership of Rawat had been simmering for several months, with a section of the Congress MLAs questioning his style of functioning.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
7.55 pm: Uttarakhand CM Harish Rawat arrives at Raj Bhawan to meet Governor Dr. K. K. Paul.
6.00 pm: Uttarakhand CM Harish Rawat to meet Congress top leadership in Delhi on Sunday, to apprise them about current political crisis.
5.15 pm: Uttarakhand Cabinet sends proposal to remove state advocate general Umakant Uniyal to Governor. He is brother of rebel MLA Subodh Uniyal. The Cabinet also recommended removal of rebel minister Harak Singh Rawat
3.25 pm: Uttarakhand Cabinet meeting called by CM Harish Rawat begins.
3.05 pm: Whole night yesterday top brass of RSS & sharpshooters of BJP like Vijayvargiya were making rounds of Dehradun: Uttarakhand Rawat
12.20 pm: If I lose majority on the floor of the House, I shall resign: Uttarakhand CM Harish Rawat
12.20 pm: 4-5 rebel MLAs are in touch with us now; I am giving a chance to the rebel MLAs to accept to their mistakes: Uttarakhand CM Harish Rawat
12.10 pm: We are giving time to the rebel MLAs to accept their mistake and apologise for their actions: Uttarakhand CM Harish Rawat
12.05 pm: They (rebel MLAs) should have spoken to the Speaker or the Governor separately: Uttarakhand CM Harish Rawat
12.00 pm: Assembly Speaker GS Kunjwal issues notice under anti-defection law to 9 rebel Congress MLAs.
11.25 am: Either Uttarakhand CM should himself step down & resign or should be removed: Former Uttarakhand CM Ramesh Pokhriyal.
11.00 am: Meeting underway between Uttarakhand CM Harish Rawat, Uttarakhand Parliamentary Affairs Mininister Indira Hridayesh and Assembly Speaker GS Kunjwal. Post the meeting they will meet Uttarakhand Governor K K Paul.
10.50 am: We met Governor yesterday, informed him that we have ‘no confidence’ in the speaker:Kunwar Pranav Singh Champion, Cong rebel MLA.
10.45 am: First elected Govts are destabilised by a sinister conspiracy & then they are sought to be unseated without will of people: RS Surjewala, Congress.
10.40 am: Congress Govt in Uttarakhand must be dismissed immediately. Majority is not with Harish Rawat ji: Srikant Sharma, BJP.
10.35 am: MLAs are here in Delhi, we will go the President and talk about it (Uttarakhand political Crisis): Satpal Maharaj, BJP.
10.20 am: 35 MLAs have come to Delhi who will meet BJP President Amir shah today. Also, they will go to President if need arises: Kailash Vijayvargiya, BJP.
10.17 am: Hum chunaav ke liye bhi tayaar hain, aur sarkaar banane ke liye bhi-Kailash Vijayvargiya, BJP.
10.15 am: Harish Rawat Government in Uttarakhand does not have majority, they have no right to remain in power: BJP’s general Secy Kailash Vijayvargiya.
10.00 am: Now when their Govt (Cong U’khand) is falling, they are making accusations of horse trading. We don’t believe in such things: Shyam Jaju, BJP