A local court on Saturday rejected the bail plea of Uttarakhand BJP MLA Ganesh Joshi, who was sent to 14 days’ judicial custody on Friday, for allegedly attacking and fatally injuring police horse ‘Shaktiman’ during a protest mach here.
Joshi’s bail application was rejected by Judicial Magistrate Akram Ali, Defence Counsel R S Raghav said.
Booked initially under Cruelty to Animals Act, several non-bailable sections of IPC were also slapped against the BJP MLA from Mussoorie in the course of investigations, he said.
- AAP MLAs’ bail plea rejected; party fumes as police search CM’s house, Kejriwal says go question Amit Shah
- Arvind Kejriwal aide to police: Saw Chief Secy Anshu Prakash being assaulted, glasses fall
- Delhi chief secretary assault case: AAP MLAs sent to 14-day judicial custody
- Delhi chief secreatary ‘assault’ case: Court rejects plea for custodial questioning of AAP MLAs
- Shaktiman, police horse injured at BJP rally in Dehradun, dead
- Shaktiman case: BJP MLA Ganesh Joshi granted bail
Non-bailable offences which Joshi has been charged with include stopping government officials from discharging their duties, he said.
Raghav said a bail petition on behalf of Joshi will be filed in the sessions court on Monday.
Joshi is currently lodged at Shuddhowala jail here.