The relief operation in affected areas of Tehri district of Uttarakhand has been speed up, following heavy rains lashing the state for last two days. All routes in the affected area have been reopened for vehicular movement.
The Met Department has predicted that thunder squall and hail is likely to occur at isolated places especially in Nainital.
It has also informed that the weather will remain clear over the next four days. In Tehri, financial assistance is being provided to affected families and they have also been shifted to safer places by the district administration.
All circuit roads which were blocked so far due to heavy rain and landslide in the affected areas have been reopened for vehicular movement.
- Heavy rains lash most parts of Uttarakhand, rivers overflowing
- Heavy rains cause flood-like situation in various parts of country
- Uttarakhand: Six killed as cloudburst hits Tehri, rescue operation underway
- Incessant rains lash Uttarakhand
- Ukhand: 23 hydel project workers among 34 dead
- Uttarakhand 34 killed: ITBP,police search debris for bodies
Damage to life and property were reported from several places of Tehri and Uttarkashi districts following heavy rains two days before. About 700 people in eight villages under Ghansali tehsil of Tehri have been affected by the flash floods. According to reports, 110 houses have been damaged and one person and 34 cattle heads were washed away.
In Chinyalisaur and Dunda tehsils of Uttarkashi, three persons are reported to be missing and one person dead in the incident. Meanwhile all the Char Dham roads are open and the yatra is going on smoothly.