The Shia Central Board of Waqfs (SCBW) on Friday made public the photographs of those who have allegedly sold or purchased waqf properties across the state, with an aim to “make people aware of how influential people in society have grabbed waqf land”.
The offenders include fugitive liquor baron Vijay Mallya, Kazim Ali Khan, an MLA from Rampur who had been Congress legislator and joined BSP recently, and Rahil Islam, brother of former Waqf minister in the previous Mayawati government, Shahzil Islam. The photos have been uploaded on the board’s website.
Watch What else is Making news
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Waqf board Chairman Syed Waseem Rizvi told The Indian Express that the board has also initiated action against 350 persons for allegedly selling 130 plots of waqf land across the state. He has written to police superintendents of the concerned districts to lodge FIRs against them under relevant sections of the Waqf Act. He has also asked the respective district magistrates to cancel the registries of the land, he added.
Rizvi further said that Mallya had evaded action earlier as the then SSP of Meerut had refused to lodge an FIR against him for illegally running his factory on waqf land. Mallya had even sold off the land illegally to another company, he added.