A 72-year-old follower of Jai Gurudev facing trial in the murder case of Additional Superintendent of Police Mukul Dwivedi and sub-inspector Santosh Yadav, who were killed during the violence at Jawahar Bagh in Mathura on June 2, died at the district jail on Saturday.
Watch What Else is Making News
While the autopsy report is still awaited, jail officials claimed the death occurred due to cardiac arrest.
Superintendent of Mathura district jail P D Salonia said the undertrial, Mewalal, complained of problem in breathing around 10 am Saturday, and was rushed to the district hospital on the advice of the jail doctor.
However, Mewalal died a few minutes after reaching the district hospital.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“It appears that Mewalal died of heart failure, but postmortem report will confirm the exact cause of death,” said the superintendent. A native of Auraiya district, Mewalal had been lodged in jail since June 4.
“We have informed Mewalal’s family in Auraiya. No other family member of Mewalal is lodged in jail,” added Salonia.
Twenty-nine persons, including then SP (City) Mukul Dwivedi and Station Officer (Farah police station) Santosh Yadav, were killed in a clash when police carried out an operation to vacate Jawahar Bagh.
The government property had been encroached upon for more than two years by a group of people under the banner of Swadheen Bharat Vidhik Satyagrah, also known as Swadheen Bharat Subhash Sena and Swadheen Bharat Subhash Sena. The people were Jai Gurudev followers.
The leader of the mob, Ram Vriksh Yadav, also reportedly died in the violence.
In September, Mathura police filed a chargesheet against 101 persons, including Mewalal, for the murder of police officers at Jawahar Bagh. A chargesheet had been filed on different charges including murder, attempt to murder and rioting.