Security has been heightened at many important places, tourist spots and government installations across Uttar Pradesh following an IB alert of a potential threat by terrorists, officials said on Sunday. Additional security has been deployed at the Taj Mahal, in Agra the biggest draw for foreign and domestic tourists.
Officials informed that 36 extra commandoes have been deployed at the Taj Mahal, on the outer periphery, in and around the entry points. Other than this, CISF personnel who guard the world famous monument of love, have also been alerted on the possibility of a terror attack, a senior home department official informed.
As the festival season is underway and important festivals like the Durga Puja, Dusshehra and Muharram are on the anvil, security has also been beefed up important cities like Lucknow, Agra, Kanpur, Moradabad, Bareilly, Meerut, Muzaffarnagar, Varanasi and Allahabad, a police official said.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls