A 14-year-old girl allegedly set herself ablaze after being repeatedly harassed by a classmate in Baradari area here, police said Wednesday.
The incident took place yesterday when the girl returned from school. She then sprinkled kerosene oil on herself and set herself ablaze, SP (City) Sameer Saurabh said.
Watch What Else Is Making News:
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The girl died during treatment today, he said. As per the complaint filed by the victim’s family members, Ankit, a classmate of the girl, used to tease her on the way to school.
They alleged that they had informed the police about the matter earlier but no action was taken. The police said the boy had allegedly misbehaved with the girl yesterday following which she took the drastic step. An FIR has been registered in this regard and attempts are on to nab the accused, Saurabh added.