A man was arrested for allegdly kidnapping his relative’s son after getting influenced by a television show based on crime stories, police said on Sunday. Superintendent of Police (city) Rajesh Kumar Yadav said Ganesh Rajbhar who works as an auto driver has been arrested for kidnapping his relative’s 13-year-old son.
Ganesh kidnapped him on Thursday but police traced his location on electronic surveillance and arrested him on Saturday when he was trying to catch an auto for Manduadih railway station to leave the city and board a train there with the minor, said Yadav.
The kidnapper has a property dispute with his relative and wanted to pressurise him so he kidnapped his relative’s son and demanded a ranson of Rs 5 lakh from him, said Yadav. Ganesh has confessed to kidnapping the child after getting influenced by watching a TV serial based on real crime stories.
An FIR has been registered, the SP said, adding that the child was rescued and safely returned to his parents.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More