BSP chief Mayawati on Tuesday accused the Akhilesh Yadav government of “misleading people and trying to garner cheap popularity for electoral benefit”, by going on a “foundation-stone-laying spree” before the Assembly polls next year.
“In its final moments, the SP government is out to gain cheap publicity before the polls. It has gone on a foundation-stone-laying spree, and is also inaugurating various projects,” Mayawati said in a statement here.
Watch what else is making news
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The SP government has made itself a “laughing stock” by only laying foundation stones and putting up inauguration plaques over the last four years, she said, adding ministers of the Centre are not far behind in the “rat race”.
Mayawati said the building which houses the Chief Minister’s Office was inaugurated Monday, but the construction work is still incomplete. She alleged that the foundation stone of the Kanpur Metro had been laid in a hurry, though her government had done the groundwork for the project.