A 14-year-old girl was gangraped by five boys, including four juveniles, in Panki area of Kanpur district Tuesday evening. A case has been registered, and five of the accused were held Wednesday after the victim and her family approached the police.
Watch What Else is Making News
Police said medical examination confirmed sexual assault on the Class IX student, and there were injury marks on her body. The victim, who has been staying with her maternal grandparents after the death of her father, was known to the main accused Ankit Yadav (18), a student at a private engineering college. The other accused were his friends.
The incident took place Tuesday evening, when the girl was taken to a deserted area behind a private school in Panki by Ankit. According to the girl, Ankit’s friends were already waiting at the spot, and overpowered and raped her with his help. The boys left later, threatening to malign her character if she complained about the incident, said police.
“The girl reached her house late evening and started crying. She had scratch marks on her body and face. Worried about the girl’s condition, her grandparents spoke to her and she revealed what had transpired,” said Circle Officer Kalyanpur area, Sanjeev Dixit.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Dixit further said that the girl had named Ankit Yadav and two of his friends who belonged to the area, but did not know the two others involved. Police caught the three, who revealed the names of the others, and they too were caught later on Wednesday, the CO added.
A case has been lodged against them on gangrape charges and the POCSO Act.
“We have arrested all five accused, and four of them appear to be juvenile. Still, we will verify this with medical tests,” added the CO. The victim had been acquainted with Ankit Yadav for the past several months, police said, adding he lived in a hostel near the girl’s house.