Moved by the efforts of a 65-year-old American woman trying to find her son who was missing in the Parvati Valley, Himachal Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Sunday offered the services of a government helicopter in the search.
US national Justin Alexander Shetler had gone missing in the Parvati Valley in September. C Susanne Reeb flew to Manali last week after she was not convinced with the efforts of the local authorities here who had not requisitioned a helicopter to search for Justin. Authorities admitted that Justin went missing in a region which was inaccessible and difficult to cover on foot.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
On Sunday, Reeb and her friend Jonathan Sleeks met with the CM when he came to Kullu. They also updated him on the investigations done by the Kullu police, with whom Reeb had lodged a criminal FIR.
Chief Minister was later briefed by SP (Kullu) Padam Chand. Chand reported that two persons were detained for questioning in the case. “CM offered the services of his official helicopter, which took off today from Bhuntar to search for the missing trekker,” said an official.
SP Kullu informed that two teams had already been deployed on foot.
Earlier, Reeb had hired a private chopper to search for her son and requested the government for help.
Virbhadra Singh assured of all possible assistance from the government in tracing Shetler.
When contacted, Reeb said she thanked the Chief Minister and police and hoped it would lead to some clues on the whereabouts of her son.